Thursday 23 January 2014

Dragon attacking animation


I outlined the sketch from the last post with a default brush because I didn't have my own inking brushes preset at college, I could have used the pen tool and stimulate pressure and make it look like it's been inked, but that would take way too long. I was running out of time and I also had to think about the other animation I needed to make for the dragon, such as the idle, dying, etc.

After I finished outlining the dragon I had to add colour and make it match this
which was what I wanted the dragon to look like, after doing the first frame, I realised that it would take way too long and for some reason I could not get the colours right also I could not use the fill tool or the magic wand tool since the brush I used for outlining had a softness to it and that left pixels which were shades of grey. This posed a massive problem since I had to give the designer some time to import and implement the dragon into the game, and the deadline was close, So I decided to scrap that idea of me going over each frame and colouring it by hand; after which I would have to go over it again and add shading, then finally I would have to go over it again to add highlights.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment