Wednesday 15 January 2014

Animation for dragon

I did a skeleton sketch for one of the dragon attack animations;
I will now have to go over each frame and draw the dragon on the skeleton. for a fully hand drawn animation i think it's easier if you have a skeleton to work on top of. I can't really use motion tweening anymore and I may not do this animation in Adobe flash because I'm not good at cell shading in flash.
  

I've changed the style of the dragon as well, I didn't like the first one so I did some research on dragons and built a mini mood board. This time I used a brush with pressure on the thickness of the lines, you can see this when you look at the horns, it doesn't have lines which are the same thickness from starting to the end. also this time I used the colours more efficiently, light source is set above the head, and you can now see the highlight. This looks more refined than the previous drawing of the dragon.
I might change the colour of the dragon, which should be easy since I have all the colours on different layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment