Thursday 12 December 2013

Style of art

following my previous post, I have continued to work on different styles to see what looks best, in my last post I said that stick animation is more fluid, it's simple to do but takes patients. I spoke to my team, they said I should decided what we use for the game, so I think I'll pretty much discard this style of animations, seeing as it won't fit in with the backgrounds from the other artist.

This is a the walk cycle for the character we will use, I might change the colours around a bit, and also make another similar character that will be player controlled. For this animation above I didn't want to keep re-drawing the head so I basically converted it into a symbol and all the other moving parts into 'graphics'. This saved me sometime, but i think if i had drawn it by hand it would have taken more time but would have a unique flow to it.

For all the animations I draw a floor, before I start drawing because then I can align everything easily.
This was a stomping move, it was one of the attacks i thought we might use, but this was the sketching stage and i decide to drop this attack animations, because that looks way better.
This is one of the special moves, and I shall refine this animation more after I am done with my current animation, this movement is the same as my pitch, but it'll be more fluid than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment